Many people remember the days before microwaves when you actually had to think ahead if you wanted soft butter to make cookies. But today, if you have a microwave, you’re all about doing things faster. The idea of going back to cooking everything in the oven or on the stovetop may be horrifying. You need a microwave that works properly.
Sometimes the decision to replace the microwave is easy to make, but sometimes you may want to know if you have an option. Call us. We will diagnose what is wrong with it and tell you what it will cost to get it up and running. Some repairs require parts that are quite expensive, some do not. It may make sense to get it repaired.
You should be certain.
Before you call to schedule your microwave repair, it is helpful if you can check the following:
- What brand is it? (e.g., Whirlpool, GE, Sharp)
- Try to locate the model and serial number tag, typically at front lower edge of the unit
- Does it take longer than usual to heat/cook food?
- Is the display working normally? Does the clock count down?
- Do you hear the microwave running, but it doesn’t heat the food?
- Did you hear any loud noises before it quit working?
- Is it louder than normal? No sound at all? Does it sound normal?
- Does the door shut completely?