People who own stand-alone freezers often use them as secondary places to store frozen food so that their household refrigerator isn’t so packed, but some people store a month’s worth of food. If the freezer fails, a lot of food and money may be wasted. You need a freezer that works properly.
Sometimes the decision to replace the freezer is easy to make, but sometimes you may want to know if you have an option. Call us. We will diagnose what is wrong with it and tell you what it will cost to get it up and running. It may make sense to get it repaired instead of trying to find a way to get rid of it properly.
You should be certain.
Before you call to schedule your freezer repair, it is helpful if you can check the following:
- What brand is it? (e.g., Kenmore, Whirlpool, Frigidaire)
- Is it an upright freezer or a chest freezer? Frost-free?
- Do you hear the fan running?
- Are the lights on but nothing else is happening?
- What other noises do you hear? And how often do you hear them?
- Is it cooling somewhat, but not keeping food frozen?